Along with building new instruments, performing, and teaching, I carry out restoration and repair projects. In this section I’d like to share a few of these projects. Yes, I know, I’m TERRIBLE about keeping this page updated. I assure you my workshop is constantly busy with multiple projects, to the point where I can’t find the time to update this!
I will be showing kits as well as debuting the AMD Logo line of harpsichords from the Atelier Marc Ducornet.
Working in Seattle for several clients on 19th century pianos, including an 1875 Erard, an 1860 Pleyel and others.
Custom built for Donna Mathilde Terreros de Garcia Conde, the niece of the Conde de Regla of Mexico, Count Don Pedro Romero de Terreros, both members of one of the wealthiest Spanish families that came to the New World in the 1700’s. This spectacular piano is veneered in burled amboyna with carvings in French walnut. I duplicated carvings to replace missing portions for this one of a kind project, along with the usual care required to conserve and restore the instrument.
- Boston Early Music Festival Exhibition, June 9-13, 2015
- Work trip to Seattle, Washington, March 2014
- Custom Flemish Double Manual harpsichord for a private client, 2011
- Restoration of 1851 Collard & Collard Concert Grand
- Restoration of ca. 1806 Clementi Square Piano
- Flemish Double Manual in First Baptist Charleston, SC
- Anne Acker 2005 custom harpsichord